Facial aging is more than skin deep as our skin ages from both the inside and from the outside. Healthy skin takes more than skincare products. Dermattude encourages women to adopt a holistic approach to skin care, and in addition to using healthy anti-aging skincare products, also adopt other practices that will not only help women have their best skin, but also contribute to having their best bodies, and their best more confident, more beautiful and mindful selves. Truth is that body care and skin care are in fact interrelated and work synergistically. By taking care of one, you will be taking care of the other, so let's look at some of the practices that you can challenge yourself to adopt in your journey to your healthier skin and healthier self. When you adopt the below habits into your lifestyle, you can truly reverse the time when it comes to the way you look and feel. These habits go much deeper than skincare does. They transform your body and even your mind, and that will show on your skin. Below is a preview of some of the transformative habits a woman ( a man, too) can take to look and feel healthier and more balanced.
1. SIP YOUR WAY TO HEALTHIER SKIN If you don't already drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, start and you will notice a difference not only on your face and skin, but also in your body. Water helps with digestion, absorption and circulation of nutrients and excretion functions. Water flushes out toxins out of your body, and helps your organs function better. A well hydrated body will make your skin appear less dull and more supple. If your body and your skin are dehydrated, wrinkles and pores can very often appear deeper and bigger. Drinking enough water will help fighting the formation of new ones, so hydrate your skin not only with a good moisturizer, such as our Peptide Complex, but also by drinking enough water. Note that if your already keep well hydrated, yet your skin is still dehydrated, drinking more might not solve the problem, but more so investing in a hyaluronic acid serum in addition to the water and moisturizer will. Certain dietary changes may also help.
2. EAT YOUR SKIN BEAUTIFUL Nourishing your skin with healthy foods is just as important if not more than skincare. One of the first steps you could take to change your diet for both your skin and your body is to stop eating processed foods, simple sugars, white flour. They all spike up blood sugar levels which causes inflamation of your body and breaks down collagen, which is the main component of our skin. If you want a healthy glowing skin, you should instead eat a lot of superfoods. Fruit and vegies are full of antioxidants that fight free radicals which break down the above mentioned collagen, and age our body in general. Adding those to your diet would be a great step towards healthier skin. Kale and spinach should definitely be on your shopping list as well. Dark leafy vegetables will promote lymphatic drainage leaving your face radiant looking. Kale in particular is loaded with collagen boosting vitamin A and C. Sunflower seeds, walnuts or almonds are abundant in vitamin E, zinc, iron and Omega-3 fatty acids that have anti-inflammatory properties, moisturizing powers and are also a great protection against the above mentioned free radicals. Snack on those or add to your green salads. If a salad is not an option, make a healthy green smoothie. Go organic to avoid GMOs and pesticides that may null the benefits of the goodness of healthy food.
3. NOURISH YOUR SKIN ON THE OUTSIDE Nourish your skin on the inside with healthy organic superfoods, but do not forget to do the same on the outside. Healthy skincare that is free of toxic chemicals, yet full of nourishing to the skin ingredients as well as scientifically proven anti-aging ingredients can help your skin look fresher and less aged. If you stick to Dermattude skincare routine for 2 months, you will notice a difference in how well hydrated your skin is, as well as in its general healthier appearance. You will more so slow down the hands of time as you will be nourishing your skin and protect it from further damage. Some ingredients, such as vitamin C, have been proven to work better for the skin when applied topically instead of orally. You will also not be exposing it to further damage and more toxins or pore clogging ingredients. Finally, your body will not be absorbing toxins, but healthy nutrients, you will not need to worry about circulating in your body. Previous chapTers of this guide have talked about skincare and skin care, but we do not want you to forget about its importance.
4. SUPPLEMENT As we age, our body needs more and more help in functioning better. Supplementing it can help get the nutrients you might need to improve and balance the health of your body. Our skin, and our biggest organ, also requires more help to do its main job, and provide the barrier that protects the rest of our body from the outside pollutants and toxins and to help it look, work, and feel better. Nourishing food and skincare ingredients are the key to its health, but supplements and what we call in skincare anti-aging actives, will take it to the next level. Knowing what ingredients work, and are not just an anti-aging hype is important. Truth is that anti-aging creams, moisturizers and serums nowadays can deliver results that were not possible years ago, and improve the signs of aging such as dark spots, fine lines and wrinkles, as well as your skin's elasticity and moisture. The ingredients can help stimulate collagen production, which in the main component of our skin. Dermattude has been formulated with the right nourishing ingredients, but also with added potent actives because we do understand the science and how helpful for example, Vitamin A ( Retinol ), Vitamin C and E can be to the health of our skin as well as the way it looks. Our potent supplements for the skin will add an extra layer of protection to your skin against the sun, skin cancer, but also contribute to its overall health. You may also add oral supplements such as vitamins A, C, D, E and K. Collagen supplements, that not everyone agrees whether they help or not, is also something you might consider for oral consumption only because the molecule of collagen alone is to big to permeate skin, so looking for it in skincare is a waste of time and money. Skinacre with collagen in it is just an example of an anti-aging hype.
5. EXERCISE IS NOT ONLY GOOD FOR THE BODY Even if you were blessed with great body, and do not exercise because you do not need, know that exercise has been scientifically proven to contribute to the health of the skin. As we age the dermis of our skin thins out and the epidermis thickens. Studies have shown that those who exercise have thinner epidermis and thicker dermis of the skin, which contributes to youthfulness of our skin. It is because exercise improves circulation and blood flow, and delivers nutrients to our cells, including the cells of our skin, more efficiently. Great circulation is also important in carrying toxins and waste products away from our body. Additionally, exercise increases endorphins or the happiness hormones level, and is a great stress reliever as it regulates the bad stress hormone-cortisol - as long as it is not a long cardio, such as long distance running, that can spike the hormone up. Exercise can also help you sleep better, and sleep is one of the best medicines, and has its own skin and body benefits. We are fans of bodyweight training. It is a type of a workout that can address all elements of fitness and does not take a lot of time. No equipment needed and you can do it anytime and anywhere.
6. GET YOUR BEAUTY SLEEP Get your beauty sleep is not a cliche, but it is true that when we are asleep, our body undergoes true rejuvenation processes. It is at night time that our skin repairs itself and produces most collagen, and it is also the time when essential nutrients and oxygen get delivered to the skin best. Experts say that about 75% of human growth hormone (HGH) is released at night. HGH is the catalyst of the reproduction of cells and cellular repair and regeneration. This essential hormone is abundant when we are young, but declines as we age. Poor sleep will make it plummit faster, and good night sleep more slowly. Prioritize your sleep. Both, your skin and your body will help you for it.
7. STRESS LESS TO BETTER SKIN Easier said than done. We all know that it is hard to change overnight and all of suddent stress less. Stress is in fact one of the biggest culprits of many dieseases. Stress supresses our immune system and can wreck havoc with our hormones, which can show up on our face in different ways. It can cause acne, psoriasis, dry skin. Finding your personal ways to deal with stress can be a journey alone, but it is crucial to the overall well being and not only to your skin. Healthy diet, exercise and sleep will also help you deal with stress better, but meditation, nature, music, different breathing and relaxation techniques that do not need to take a long time can help, too. 5 minutes is all you need to put yourself in a better mood. Have you ever thought of a 5-min long self-care skincare routine as a time to relax. Ask our wellness coaches to help you with that.
8.PAMEPER YOURSELF TO A FACIAL A great way to not only a more beautiful skin, but also to decompress and destress is to have a facial. If you can afford one at aprofessional spa, treat yourself to it, but make sure your skin is not absorbing chemicals, but nourishing ingredients. With Dermattude skincare, you can bring spa to your home. Dermattude is in fact a spa quality skincare freshly made with only finest organic, natural as well potent anti-aging ingredients that will bring on spa results at a fraction of a cost. Our home facial set comes with the tools you will need to pamper your skin. It comes with cleanser, microdermabrasion cream, AHA mask, hydrating serum, and a rich moisturizer. If you treat yourself to this home facial on regular bases, you will be as if getting a facial, microdermabrasian and hydro facial in the privacy of your own home. Have a SPA party!
9. BE CLEAN So many breakouts and skin problems come from a dirty pillow or make-up brushes. Keep those clean. Change your pillowcases and clean your brushes once a week. Make sure you never go to bed with make up on and/or without washing your face. Some say that just not washing your face every night can age you 5 years, but we look at it as a more so missed opportunity to rejuvenate and repair your skin instead of soaking up dirt, and chemicals. That clean skin will also help keep that pillow clean. If you use skincare at night time, your clean skin will be absorbing its nutrients throughout the night. Finally, eat clean and use clean beauty products and clean skincare and make up. Toss all old expired and toxic skincare and make up. We live in a toxic and polluted world, but we can stop rubbing it into our face. Use clean pillows, make up and clean beauty products, such as Dermattude. You will limit your exposure to them, and your skin as well as your body (and even mind) will thank you for it.
10. DETOX WITH A FAST There are many different ways to detox your skin. You can do it by not wearing make-up. You can do it with exfoliation ( and Jojo Beads microdermabrasion cream) to remove your skin's buildup. Brushing your skin ( not on the face) will detox your skin as well. You can detox your skin by using skincare products that will help you purge dirt, toxins, pollutants, sebum, dead skin cells that accumulate on our skin as we go through our life. You do not need this fancy word "detoxifying" on the label to detox your skin. Dermattude is formulated to detox your skin of all the impurities without adding toxins and chemicals, but we want to encourage you to add a detox fast into your holistic approach to skin care and self-care. We know it can sound impossible and scary for many, but our wellness coaches and holistic skincare consultants can help you get started to better skin and better health. Intermittent fasting or even 24 hour + fasts will not only help to clear your skin up, but also help you rid your entire body of toxins, and renew more than just the cells of your skin. Whether it is your diet, air pollution or chemicals circulating in your body, fasting will help rid of them. Some studies have indicated that fasting, even short term, can inhibit certain skin conditions such as acne, eczema, dermatitis, or even hives (1, 2)
Once you become mindful and put work into your skin care, you will become mindful of what you put in your body, too ( unless you already are). You will also become mindful of how things are interrelated. Dermattude is more than skincare. It is a symbol of wellness, a lifestyle and a gentle reminder of how important it is to nourish your skin and body on the inside out, and detoxifying it in different ways. Dermattude will teach you mindfulness about different things. Mindful eating, skincare, exercise, sleep, calming your body down. Sign up for our HEALTHY SKIN & BODY CHALLENGE. Every Sunday you will receive an email with a new healthy habit to adopt into your life that will transform it and provide your skin, your body, your mind and even your spirit with knowledge and confidence it needs to live a healthier and more balanced life. If you would like a more personalized program, SPEAK TO OUR CONSULTANT ABOUT OUR ANTI-AGING PROGRAM. Our holistic skincare consultants as well as wellness coaches are available to help you and will explain how. Request a free consultation with a one of them here. Our online resources are here to help you, too. Feel free to follow us on Facebook as well. We look forward to being your partner in health, wellness & longevity! Together we can take better care of our skin, body & mind!